Thursday, February 16, 2017

Writers Dreaming


4) I wholeheartedly agree with the statement that dreams "tell the truth." I believe that dreams reveal things to us that maybe we aren't quite ready to admit to ourselves. I think that dreams show what is truly going on in our brain. Things we are thinking, things we are feeling, things we forgot. Dreams bring to mind the important aspects of our lives that others don't know about us, things that maybe we don't even know about ourselves, or maybe things we are trying to deny ourselves. I know i had a dream where I was naked in public, which in turn told me that I actually was nervous and vulnerable about a situation that was coming up, I just tried to tell myself that I wasn't. My dreams told me otherwise though.

5) I don't think I could go as long as Maya did without talking. I do think that I could go a couple of days without talking, I've done it before. I definitely talk too much, I really need to listen more. I listen when it counts, but if I listened more I could learn so many interesting things about the world and the people in it. I'm very quiet when I first meet someone and then after we've been talking for about 10 minutes I just can't stop talking. My friends tell me I am a good listener though, when I do listen my full attention is on the person that is talking to me. If I talked more I could learn to teach, not just myself but those around me. I could teach about my experiences and how I overcame them and how others could overcome the same or similar circumstances.

11) I have always hated the saying "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" The older you are the more you learn, I feel. When you are younger you are learning everyday, making mistakes that stand out and people remember. When you are older, you still learn everyday, whether you are learning how to live life now that you are 60 or if you are learning how to explain to your grandchild that you can't throw your toys at cars that pass. Everything you do is a new chance to learn no matter if you are 18 or 80 everyone can learn and everyone can learn new things and new ways of life.

3) "Talking about bad dreams gives them too much power" That is so true. When you talk repeatedly about something bad that happened to you or happened in your life you let it take over your mind, which in turn takes over your mood, and those around you it affects them too. It starts to control your life. The best thing that you can do with 'bad dreams' is to admit that they happened, learn how to avoid it from happening again, and them let it be the past. If you can just let it be once it happened then you can go about the rest of your life knowing that you learned from that 'bad dream.'

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for these thoughtful responses, Maddi. I love the image of Maya you found. I might have to steal that one.

    ReplyDelete