Thursday, March 9, 2017

Writers as Readers

1) When I read I like to be warm, my hands and nose specifically. I like to be e
either sitting on my couch or up against my headboard. I can't be laying down because my arms will start to fall asleep. I like to be sitting up but comfortable enough that I can put my legs out in front of me. I like to surround myself with lots of pillows and blankets so that I feel cut off from the outside world, while I enter a new on with my book.

5) When I was reading forged by fire, I couldn't put it down. I would stay up until the wee hours of the night reading the next chapter. always saying "just on last one" I would get in trouble in class because I was reading the book instead of focusing on the task at hand. From the very beginning there was always an exciting ending to the chapter that left you with wanting to know what happened next.

10) I do think people can partake in actions they were not interested in before reading a novel. People like to have role models, and someone to look up to. For some those people happen to be book characters. This could mean that they want to try and live the lives of the character they look up to or they want to do the things that happen in the book. If that is what makes them happy then I am all for it. I do not think that a book should be boycotted just because someone wants to adapt the lifestyle of the book. 

12) I do think that we write like we read. We write with the same sentence structure, vocabulary, and themes as the books we like to read. its what we enjoy reading so its what we are going to enjoy writing.  

4) My favorite memory connected to reading, is in 6th grade. During lunch everyday I would come into my 6th grade English teachers room and discuss the different books we were reading and what books we should read next. She is my all time favorite reader. 

1 comment:

  1. I bet your teacher loved chatting about books with you! And I like what you say about getting cozy and escaping to another world when you read.

    ReplyDelete