Friday, March 31, 2017

Hopper-Inspired Writing

Driving away. Speeding out of town, as far as I can go. Not knowing where I want to go I just drive straight, trying to forget what I'm leaving behind. Looking at the ring on my finger I slide it off and set it in my cup holder, as a tear rolls down my face. He doesn't love you anymore I told myself, he cheated on you. he loves her, you are not in his life.
I pull off into a nearby gas station to calm myself down, tears are streaming down my face. I go inside to get some food and drinks for the trip I'm about to take. When I go to check out I get a look of pity from woman behind the counter. I quickly grab my items, throwing the cash on the counter to cover the cost, and rush to my car. Throwing it in reverse I speed out of the gas station and get back on the road, not anymore emotionally stable than I was before.
I drive for a couple more minutes when I pass the sign "Welcome to California," it says. I had made it, there was no going back now. I reach over to open my package of peachio's when out of nowhere I hear a car horn. I whip back up to the wheel but all I can see is headlights headed straight toward me. Then everything goes black.

1 comment:

  1. This is a serious story, but I just have to say that Peachi-Os are one of my favorite road trip foods! : )

    ReplyDelete