Friday, March 31, 2017


Straight ahead I see a house
dark and cold
seemingly vaccant, no one emerging.

Dogs playing in the yard to my left
Barking in excitment towards their owner
running down the sidewalk past the window.

Today everything is gone
A bush grown up from being neglected and unkept
blinds me from the outside world. 

The lights are always off in the house across the street.
She finally emerges from the empty house,
she lives in alone, to place a lonely Christmas wreath on her door 
before hiding away until the season is over.

To my right a new neighbor is moving in, 
maybe he will add a little light
or maybe he will take a little more away

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of that commercial where the lady watches the lonely old man across the street then sneaks over and puts Christmas lights up to surprise him when he comes home. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete