Thursday, January 12, 2017

I am...Madison

I am…
Two loving sisters, my rocks, always there to catch me when I fall
Running around my neighborhood with my best friends until 2 a.m.
Gymnastics and pasta express  
I am a dream of one day making it  out of springfield and not coming back
A metronome ticking beat after beat
Music, singing before I even said my first word, putting on performances with my sister
in front of my parents, wishing and dreaming to one day make it big.
Planning for the future and running from my past
Tesa, a stained and tattered doll that I’ve carried around since birth

I am…
Fitness and workouts with my sister
Staying up late to finish the next chapter
Amber eyes, that sparkle like a cat in the sunlight
1 a.m. conversations about figuring out life with friends I will never forget
White marble, black clothes, and a coffee mug
Green tea and black coffee, protein bars and salads
Getting lost for hours on a long hike
Traveling and seeing what the world has to offer
Starting a project and not realizing that 3 hours has gone by
Dog earring my book page because I can’t find a bookmark
B-dubbs a crazy but loving group of people, my second family

I am…
“The earth has music for those who listen.” (Shakespeare)
“Look at the stars, look how they shine for you, and everything you do.”(Coldplay)
“Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” (C.S. Lewis)
“All things work together for the good to those who love god who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)


10 comments:

  1. Hey, Madison. Not only do we share the same name but we also like hiking and traveling to see what the world has to offer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love fitness!So much in common!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love traveling! I can definitely relate to wanting to see what the world has to offer. Good poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I also love Pasta Express, and I want to travel.Your I Am Poem is really good, and the colors work well together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have a supporting sister who catches me when I fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very familiar with Coldplay as they are one of my favorite bands! I'm glad you used a quote of theirs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also put staying up late to finish the next chapter on my poem too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also want to leave Springfield

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maddi! Aren't we lucky to have two sisters, there to "catch us" when we fall, to laugh with, to share a history with? I bet you girls have as much fun as my sisters and I did/do. I can relate to what you said about losing yourself in a book or project and Coldplay is one of my favorites, too. Best wishes with your big dreams--you can do it! Go for it! XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Madison! I love hiking and traveling too. I like exploring and not exactly where you are going next.

    ReplyDelete